bluCursor Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Effective Jan 1st, 2023
“Personal Information” is any information, whether correct or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, that relates to you and which, alone or in combination with other information, could reasonably be used to identify you. However, it does not include publicly available information lawfully made available to the public from federal, state, or local government records.
Information we collect
We collect/ receive your Personal Information in multiple ways, depending on which product/service, applications, or websites you use and how you interact with us.
Information you provide, and we collect from other sources
You may choose to share personal and additional information with us by purchasing or interacting with our “Product/Service,” through various means including, but not limited to:
- When you create and manage a user account regarding any of our products/services
- Request technical support from us
- Request any information as a prospect
- Communicate via email, telephone, or online chat
- Upload information through our “Product/Service”
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Submit job applications
- Participate in surveys
- Participate in tradeshows
For some “Product/Service,” we may ask you to provide following information, including:
- Basic personal details (e.g., your name, title, and gender)
- Contact details (e.g., your email address, postal address, and phone number)
- Professional details (e.g., the name of your organization and any professional organization memberships)
- Any other Personal Information you choose to provide us (e.g., in communications with technical support services, marketing teams, or while provisioning our products/services)
If you are an internal stakeholder (employee, contractor, freelancer etc), we may also seek your consent to process:
- Bank account information (for payroll processing)
- Criminal records (from background verification process)
- Academic qualifications, Professional details (for interviews)
- Identity data (National Unique identifier (Aadhar), PAN data, Passport information)
We may also collect this information indirectly from publicly available sources (such as your employer’s Website or professional social networks such as LinkedIn) or third-party data providers that maintain individuals’ contact information lists.
Information we collect
When you access or use our “Product/Service,” we may collect certain information about your device and your use of our “Product/Service.” Such information may include:
- Name and Version information about the web browser
- Date/time stamp of your visit to our Website (s)
- Products/services you purchased, with related pricing
- If you are using a mobile device, the model of the device and its operating system
- Your I.P. address
- Information about your usage of our Website including what pages you use, the frequency of your use, links that you click, and how often you log in
Cookies and similar technologies
Some of our websites also use marketing automation technology (HubSpot) to collect data on visitors’ behaviour. These HubSpot cookies help us track your visits to our websites and enable us to create an engaging marketing experience for you. We also use HubSpot cookies to understand your interactions with our emails and ensure we send you relevant information. Specifically, HubSpot cookies let us know whether you have opened our emails or which links are clicked.
Some of our websites may also feature cookies associated with certain unaffiliated companies. By engaging with such other companies’ sites, for instance, by clicking the Facebook “Like” button found on our Website, such companies may place session or persistent cookies on your device. This may allow these third parties to collect information about your online activities over time and across websites. The use of these cookies is subject to such third-parties cookie policies, which we strongly recommend you review.
Web analytics and interest-based advertising
Some of our online advertising takes place through Google Display Advertising. As a part of this program, we use Google Analytics features such as Retargeting. In addition, we and the operators of these ad networks, including Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) – and in some cases, first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) – to inform, optimize, and serve ads across the internet based on a user’s past visits to our Website.
You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads using the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To disable Google Analytics in general, please download the browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn more about other ad networks, including how to opt out, click here.
Do not track
Some web browsers and mobile devices incorporate a “do not track” feature that signals to websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked when enabled. However, because there is no accepted standard for responding to the do-not-track signal, we do not recognize or respond to these signals.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage any accounts that you may have with us
- Validate your identity
- Send personalized marketing messages via email, post, and telephone. Where required by applicable law, we will only send these messages with your consent, and you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing messages by contacting us
- Serve relevant advertising on our site and third-party sites related to our products and services personalized to your interests
- Provide you with notice of product releases, special events, training, promotions, or other matters relevant to you
- Respond to your inquiries
- Improve the services you receive from us
- Solicit your feedback
- Prevent you from having to re-enter Personal Information about you on future visits to our websites or subsequent use of our applications
- Facilitate your access to third-party services and resources
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
We also use the information we obtain about you in other ways to provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you are an individual in the E.U., we may be required to have a legal basis to process your Personal Information for these purposes under applicable E.U. law. Therefore, we may ask for your consent in certain circumstances as indicated above, but if we do not ask for your specific permission:
- We use your Personal Information for specific purposes as it is necessary to comply with contractual obligations we have to you, including when we provide our “Product/Service” to you following the applicable terms and conditions
- We may also use Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, such as financial reporting obligations and compliance with subpoenas or similar court orders or orders of government/statutory/federal agencies
- Where not strictly required by contract or by law, we use Personal Information to:
- Meet our legitimate business interests (when your data privacy rights do not override the use) in running our business efficiently
- Advertise our products and services to existing and prospective customers
- Understand how our business is performing
- Defend our interests and legal rights
- Keep our records accurate and up to date
We ensure that your Personal Information is not used in ways other than those you would expect, and subject to laws in the country where you live, you have the right to object to our uses of Personal Information on this basis.
How we may share information
Internally, Personal Information is shared for legitimate business purposes, such as managing our relationship with you and other external parties, compliance programs, or systems and network security. We do this to improve efficiency, save cost and collaborate internally between our subsidiaries. Our internal access to Personal Information is restricted and granted only on a need-to-know basis. Sharing this information is subject to the appropriate intracompany arrangements, policies, and security standards.
In certain circumstances, Personal Information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies in accordance with judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes. We may also share Personal Information to protect the rights of bluCursor or others when bluCursor believes that such rights may be affected, for example, to prevent fraud.
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
We also ensure that we do not retain Personal Information longer than necessary in compliance with applicable law. When Personal Information is no longer needed, we have processes to securely delete it, for example, by erasing electronic files and shredding physical records.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to websites maintained by third parties whose information and privacy practices differ from ours, including, for example, websites that process online payments. We are not responsible or liable for the content of any such websites, any use of such websites, or the information or privacy practices employed by the providers of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before using such websites or submitting any Personal Information or any other information on or through such websites.
Not for use by children
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly contact or collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16 years. Therefore, if you are under the age of sixteen, these Services are not intended for you, and you should not provide us with any Personal Information.
Access and correction and option to unsubscribe
To request a copy of the Personal Information, update or correct inaccuracies in that information, or request to remove your information from our systems and stop contacting you, please email email@example.com with a detailed request, including your full name, physical address, and email address. You also have, in particular circumstances, the right to object to or restrict our usage of your Personal Information and the right to have personal data transmitted in the electronic form to you or a third party (the right of “data portability”).
How to contact us
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. However, if you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the country in which you live via their Website.
This Policy will be governed by and construed according to the laws of the United States of America, the laws of the State of California /India, and by the law of the court of Indore, subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Indore.
FOR EU RESIDENTS – DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Below is an overview of your various rights granted by EU-GDPR
- You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you in specific circumstances. For example, when you withdraw consent or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has ended.
- Restriction of using your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made
You may also ask us:
- That we stop processing your personal data in specific circumstances. For example, when you have withdrawn consent or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances. Please be advised, however, that your employer may reasonably object as the customer has a direct contractual relationship with us. We reserve the right to notify your employer or organization of such a request and advise them that removal may impair the intended use or enjoyment of our product and services functions.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels or all channels).
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Right to Stop Direct Marketing
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
This right does not include communications and information functions, such as alerts and notices, which are displayed in any application or product interface of ours that is part of the operation of or relates to a normal function of our product. By logging into our products or services, you expressly consent for such purposes. If you disagree, do not log in or use our products or services.
You can contact us and request to exercise these rights anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we choose not to honor your request to exercise data privacy rights, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.