PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your Rights and Choices:The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to specific information and Data portability rights: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information if any; (v) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (a) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (b) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion request rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a product or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion rights: To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please email a valid consumer request to email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within 12 months. A valid consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collect Personal Information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it properly. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Therefore, we will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response timing and format: We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover 12 months preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. Our response will also explain why we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unfounded. If we determine that the proposal warrants a fee, we will tell you why we decided and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny you Products or services; (ii) Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (iii) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; (iv) suggests that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we may offer you specific financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website with an effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.